Representing Oakville's Finest Neighbourhoods
Peter Mickus: A valuable resource when buying and selling Oakville real estate.Contact Peter for a Free Market Evaluation
Holiday Decorating Tips
Posted on November 25, 2015
- The halls are decked, now bring colourful delight to the table with a sweet set–up of treats that never feel out of season. For the ultimate centre piece, try a no-fuss arrangement filled with red and white peppermint balls and fluffy marshmallows. Call on ribbon candy, multicoloured chocolates, and candy canes for making the perfect sides.
- Don’t restrict magnificent baubles and sparkly snowflakes to the tree. Accentuate overhead lighting with shimmery decorations and stick to a fresh winter palette like pale blue and silver. Finish it off with an elegant satin ribbon gently dangling from the chandelier.
- Play up your home’s unique style with holiday décor that complements its most appealing qualities. A gorgeous mirror gets a charming border from decorative golden deer and white stockings, which accentuates the breathtaking white mantel.
- The trick to making your holiday decor feel like home is by injecting your personal style into the details. Turn a bare windowsill into a stylish nook in no time by filling glass jars of varying heights and shapes with leftover balls for a dramatic, high-impact display.
- Holiday window treatments come in all shapes, sizes, and textures. The ultimate preppy power couple (hot pink and lime green) make an unexpected debut in this modern all-feather composition. The dangling ornament adds just the right amount of pop to this decorative piece.
- The secret to pulling off a show-stopping arrangement that speaks to your style is by keeping the decorative elements simple. Fill a glass hurricane with an assortment of holiday ornaments, and then surround it with lush greenery.
- Add a pop of colour to a corner with a retro-inspired palette that boasts an exotic side. Delicate balls in chartreuse, lavender, blues, and pinks are scattered across the branches making an attention-worthy display. Make your tree topper out of candy!
- Set a simple and sophisticated winter–white table that will make your holiday gatherings extra special. Add a hint of warmth and texture by layering the surface with a delicately embroidered ivory runner. For even more dazzle, fill silver mint julep cups with beautifully frosted pinecones.
- The brilliance of white is captured in a monochromatic tree that sets a festive tone. Accentuate the pure richness with ornaments in clear glass, shimmery silvers, and white. Soft, airy, and completely captivating.
- Opportunities abound for sweeping displays of lavish greenery along the mantel. This seasonal vignette calls for apothecary jars filled with cranberries, which are accented by the warm glow of sparkling fruit and pinecones.